Hi everyone, it's been awhile I know, but JAX-RS 2.1 is now getting shape and below are the tasks planned for this next version.
* Adding support for SSE.
* Improving integration with CDI.
* Exploring support for non-blocking I/O in providers (filters, interceptors, etc.).
* Evaluating ways in which declarative security can be supported either directly in this JSR or by leveraging other EE-platform JSRs.
* Making JAXB conditional on runtimes where it is available.
* Providing integration with JSON-B.
* Building upon the hypermedia API added in version 2.0.
* Investigating the reactive programming paradigm as a way to improve the JAX-RS asynchronous client API.
* Evaluating any requirements necessary to support the use of JAX-RS resource classes as controllers in the MVC 1.0 JSR.
There is already a discussion around hypermedia and the challenges of supporting structural links in JAX-RS. Looking forward for a good way to deal with hypermedia and create better / intelligent APIs.
That is about it, let's see how it goes from now!